SEAC Strategies for Success Menu
- Table of Contents
- Module 1: Background & Basics
- Module 2: Charter Schools & Coops
- Module 3: Members & Roles
- Module 4: Recruit & Retain
- Module 5: Mission
- Module 6: Sharing Information
- Module 7: Increasing Knowledge
- Module 8: Leadership & Partnership
- Module 9: Funding
- Module 10: Bylaws
- Module 11: Running a Meeting
- Module 12: Setting Goals
SEAC Strategies for Success:
An Online Guide for Minnesota Local Special Education Advisory Councils
Welcome to “SEAC Strategies for Success: An Online Guide for Minnesota Local Special Education Advisory Councils.” Supported through funding from the Minnesota Department of Education, this project supports and encourages local SEACs as they endeavor to increase the effective involvement of parents of children with disabilities in district policymaking and decision making.
The curriculum is divided into 12 training modules.
- For a list of training modules, click on Table of Contents on the navigation bar on the left side.
- Module 1, “Background and Basics,” lays the foundation you will need to understand and benefit from the strategies in the other 11 modules.
- Each module may be used alone or in conjunction with any of the other modules.
- The modules may be used in any order a local SEAC finds most useful for its own purposes.
The modules can be used by individuals or groups. You may, for example, want to view them as:
- an individual on a home computer
- a small group, such as the special education director and parent co-chair
- a SEAC group at a meeting
The curriculum is also available in other formats:
- Print one or more modules for members to read.
- Request a free CD of the modules and view them without the Internet. (To order, submit your request by using the Contact Us link at the top of the page.)
The modules are intended to facilitate action on the part of the SEAC. Most include information, discussion questions, and an action planning tool that provides at least one example of how to apply the content of the module to a local SEAC’s individual needs.
To use these modules:
- Click on the number of the chosen module on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Each module then has more information to access by clicking on the Roman numerals.
- Within each numbered section, click on content highlighted in blue for more detailed information.
- To move to the next section, select the appropriate Roman numeral from the navigation bar on the left.
- Terms and Definitions reference
You will be asked to register and complete a brief user survey. We will use your feedback to improve and expand the information available to all SEACs in Minnesota. If you have questions about using the training modules or about SEACs in general, use the Contact Us button at the top of this page.
Good luck to you and your SEAC as you use “SEAC Strategies for Success”!